Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Something for you to chew.

I'm reading this phenomenal I bought from Koorong in Mt Lawley, Perth before I flew to Mexico City. It's called "The Ragamuffin Gospel" by Brennan Manning. 
Not the biggest fan of posting up portions of books, but this passage grabbed me by the hair and yanked me into God's heart this morning. So, I really want to share it with you, and maybe you will get a little something out of it. :)
Ready?
"Imagine that Jesus is calling you today. He extends a 2nd invitation - to accept His Father's love. And maybe you answer, "Oh, I know that. It's old hat....Lay a new word on me. I know the old one." 

And God answers, "That's what you don't know. You don't know how much I love you. The moment you think you understand is the moment you don't understand. 
I am GOD, not man.
You tell others about Me - that I am a loving God. Your words are glib, My words are written in the blood of My only Son. The next time you preach about My Love with such obnoxious familiarity, I may come and blow your whole prayer meeting apart.
When you come at Me with studied professionalism, I will expose you as a rank amateur. 
When you try to convince others that you understand what you are talking about, I will tell you to shut up and  fall flat on your face. 
You claim you know I love you. 
Did you know that every time  you tell Me you love Me, I say 'thank you'? 
When you son comes to you asking, "Do you like Susan more 'cause she skates better and she's a girl?" are you grieved and saddened over your child's lack of trust? Do you know that you do the same thing to Me? 
.....Do you understand that, motivated by love alone, your God became your slave in the Upper Room?
Were you grieved by the divine command to Abraham that he slay his only begotten Isaac on Mt Moriah? Were you relieved when the angel intervened, Abraham's hand was stayed, and the sacrifice was not carried out? Have you forgotten that on Good Friday no angel intervened? 
Mexican kids enjoying art at church in Alemada Centrale :)
That sacrifice was carried out, and it was My heart that was broken. 
Are you aware that I had to raise Jesus from the dead on Easter Morning because My love is everlasting? Are you serenely confident that I will raise you too, My adopted child?" 

Faith means you want God and nothing else." 

No comments:

Post a Comment