Sunday, November 28, 2010

Merry Christmas to you! xx

hi people :)

How are you? I'm sure coming up to Chrissie if you anything like me you're trying to focus on the 'real' meaning of the season, and trying your best to defy the overwhelming feeling of organising Chrissie cards, presents, food etc! But God's good no matter what, & I love the fact this month of Dec gives me an excuse to let loved ones know they're amazing to me. :)

So, a quick update...
well, it's like till 27th Dec then off to Mexico City!
*scared/excited 'woo'!*
I have a deadline of 2 weeks to see $5,000 come in to complete my outreach expenses...and God's going to be faithful in supplying it, like He was with the funds I needed for DTS last April! :)
Starting a new week today made me realise how little time there is till Christmas, outreach, etc...and before I knew it, most of my mental energy had vaporated from thinking about tasks and deadlines ahead of me. BUT - after flicking open the Word, God made this verse jump out at me:
"Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? 14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel."
1 Corinthians 9:13-14.

God was saying to me that I shouldn't worry He's not going to forget to provide the scary amount of $5,000; because I'm doing His work. So therefore He'll provide my salary; in His ways and His timing.
 
Sweet! Our God is good and never neglects us! =)

I trust you all are enjoying the time leading up to holidays and hang-time with loved ones; personally I'm looking forward to my first YWAM base Chrissie.

So, friends and supporters, please be encouraged and know your heavenly Dad's got you and your situation on His mind - you're never forgotten!
Pretty sweet, hey!

God bless!!

love, Cody xx

1 comment:

  1. This is great Cody! Awesome verse you referenced. God is indeed good and will surely provide!

    ReplyDelete