Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Humanism vs God.

 So I haven't written a whole great deal since I started this school; partly coz the last few weeks have been practical work and no real lectures (though God's teaching us new things about Him every day!) like sketching, oil painting, and this week watercolours. 
But also since I've been incredibly slack with my communication.  For which I apologise. :o/

But I really wanna share what God's been doing...

Last night in our classroom, we listened to an audio message by this old (but firey for God!) preacher dude called 'Paris Reidhead'. 
He talked about Humanism and what effect it has on Christians.... To be honest, I wasn't listening too hard; I was really tired and Paris's monotone voice didn't help to wake me up. 
But my mind was still processing. And somethings that Paris said subtlely pricked at my conscience and made me squirm internally. The Holy Spirit was working in all of us, comforting, convicting and revealing hidden sins that had been keeping us from closer communion with Him.
 After the hour-long message, our class spoke out to God what He was stirring in their hearts and we asked forgiveness for whatever sins God brought up. 

It was an incredibly impacting msg, and I wanna share some parts of it with you....

"The liberal end says the end of religion is to make man happy while he's alive, and the fundamentalist says the end of religion is to make man happy when he dies. 

Humanism is so subtle is goes everywhere. What is it? That this philosophical postulate is that the end of all being is the happiness of man, and has been covered over with evangelical terms and Biblical doctrine until God reigns in heaven for the happiness of man, all the angels exist for the happiness of man...Jesus Christ was incarnate for the happiness of man, and everything exists for the happiness of mankind. Didn't God intend for mankind to be happy? Yes. But as a by-product, not a prime-product! 

Christianity says, "the end of all being is the glory of God." Humanism says, "The end of all being is the happiness of man". 
...You're trying to serve God because He'll do you good! But a repentant heart is a heart that's seen something of the enormity of the crime of 'playing God' and denying the just and righteous God the worship and obedience that He deserves! 

Why should a sinner repent? 
BECAUSE GOD DESERVES THE OBEDIENCE AND LOVE THAT HE'S REFUSED TO GIVE HIM! 
Not so he'll go to heaven. If the only reason he repents is so that he or she'll go to heaven, it's nothing but trying to make a deal or bargain with God. 
Why should  a sinner give up all his or her sins? Why should they be challenged to do it? Why should they make restitution when they're coming to Christ? Because God deserves the obedience that He demands!
It's not what you're going to get out of God, it's what He's going to get out of you!"

Yes, it's heavy going - but absolute truth. God's been challenging me to get rid of false views about His Fatherhood in my life. I still struggle a lot in areas of trusting in His Daddy loving-kindness because of my life experiences. But He's determined to draw me in closer to Him and show how much He loves me....even if I did nothing special in life. 


Thanks for reading, 

Love Cody

xx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart dearest cuz!! There is so much more to our Christian life when we realize how things work, isn't there? :) It's so true that Christ has done EVERYTHING for us, so we should surely give EVERTHING back.

    Love you! Praying for you, amazing woman. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you... and Love reading your blog, thoughts and heart.

    You are easy to love.

    ReplyDelete